Each year, millions of children world wide live, because of the the good work of
Child Health Foundation.
Our mission is “Improving the lives of children in low-income settings across the globe by empowering local communities to creatively solve their most pressing child health challenges”
We accomplish this through our unique network of health professionals and organizations committed to improving health policies and practices. We operate as an independent agent of change, seeking and promoting more effective, easily-delivered and less-expensive methods to prevent illness and death of children.
This seal is awarded to the members of Independent Charities of America and that have, upon rigorous independent review, been able to certify, document, and demonstrate on an annual basis that they meet the highest standards of public accountability, program effectiveness, and cost effectiveness.
Of the 1,000,000 charities operating in the United States today, it is estimated that fewer than 50,000, or 5 percent, meet or exceed these standards, and, of those, fewer than 2,000 have been awarded this Seal.
2017 Innovative Small Grant Awards
- Women Empowerment Program, Rwanda (funded in 2014-15) is saving the lives of newborns with
BCpap and Kangaroo Care.
- Grampari, India (funded in 2013, 2015), will continue the Tippy Tap program to teach
- Mission for Community Development MCODE, Uganda (funded in 2013) is doing some nutrition
training and planting vegetable gardens.
- Kodera Women Group KWG, Kenya (funded in 2008), will install Arbor Loo Toilets.
- Health Education and Empowerment Heden, Nigeria (funded in 2006), has a plan to distribute
an app for cell phones that will help with caring for children.